Tuesday, January 24, 2006

great weekend

while mike enjoyed some intense r&r (taking a silent retreat at a local monastery), i had a wonderful visit with my cousin, alyssa, who flew up from her study abroad program in bangkok... we had a full weekend shopping (we closed down the night bizarre friday & saturday nights), hiking to see hilltribe peoples, riding an elephant, bamboo river rafting, & catching up on life... despite our close family relationship, this was the first time we'd "met"since before alyssa was old enough to remember... i was delighted to learn that she is involved in campus crusade on her college campus, an avid outdoors-woman, reader, & deep-thinker -- i loved having her company for the weekend.... here we are scoping out a local rock-climbing site on sunday (where we let mike & ginger come along).... hope she comes back soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Caryn! I have been so out of the loop! I just took the time to catch up on your life...it is really fun to read your blog! Good job! Cute dog...I didn't even know you had one until now. Sounds like you had a great weekend with your cousin, y'all are so cute!
love you!

Daniela said...

Hey Caryn-
We need a picture of you on your vespa! I like your blog. :)

bazeblog said...

i know... we have been lazy photo-bloggers... we totally need to get the vespa up... glad you are enjoying the blog, though!

Anonymous said...

I echo the above...it has been fun reading your blog, and I would love to see a vespa picture too! What a wonderful opportunity to reconnect with your cousin. I am so glad that you enjoyed your time!!