Wednesday, January 04, 2006

buffalo camp

one morning a few weeks ago, we ventured out to the local buffalo camp ... for 200 baht (about $5), we saw a buffalo show (this is the only place in the world you can see musicians on buffalos), learned about & experienced how buffalos are used to do work & participated in the entire process of rice growing (i should say, mike did while i watched for the most part), and actually got to ride a buffalo!
the people were very kind & seemed excited to educate us.
here are some of my favorite pics.
doesn't mike make a studly rice farmer?
he was asked to return in 3 months for the harvest...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my first attempt at to blog. We'll see what happens. Your place looks cute! Have taken note of the "spare-oom" as Tumnus would say. Glad to hear that you got the movie over there. Wondered how that works. Curious to hear the response from a Buddhist country.

Will be praying for you as you begin language study.
I bet the painting looks nice. You are making it your own with creative touches i'm sure.

We have been doing some painting in the kitchen. Even got rid of my 70's stove. In the process I had to take a look at my cookware. All of my pots including my 6 qt. pot say made in Thailand. I thought that was odd since I heard you cannot get nice pots. Why is this?

Well that's my first attempt. Guess if you guys can move to Thailand I can try to blog. Christy

bazeblog said...

thanks for you note, christy! we are going to a mixed (thais & foreigners) small group with some friends on tuesday night where they will be discussing narnia! we are excited to learn what they think about it & will let you know if it's interesting!
love-m&c