Saturday, May 06, 2006

back to basics...



This thing is so cool...we don't have a big yard and I spend a bunch of time in front of a computer these days. So I was thinking about exercise and a yard that was growing out of control...so I decided to get a "reel" mower...is that what they are called in the states? It is simply an engineering marvel...one of my favorite parts is not having to buy gas, change the oil, or pull that string...

Little did I know how difficult it would be to find one...the Thai shop owners kept telling that I would not find one because the Thais do not like exercise...I don't think that is entirely true, but it was difficult to find one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep ... that's a real reel mower ... love the color! ... at 89 your grandmother still thinks that's what she needs to cut her lawn ... found one for $10 at a garage sale then thought better about buying it ... best to leave it there so she wouldn't be tempted to be out pushing it. Love ya

bazeblog said...

real men use reel mowers. cb