Saturday, September 29, 2007

Martial Arts...

I was thinking about how to stay in shape and was also looking for a physical challenge...we were able to go rock climbing occasionally in Thailand but someone forgot to build rocks in FL. I have always been interested in martial arts so when I found out that someone with JESUS Film was going to start a ministry using his martial arts skills, I wanted to give it a try.

Last night I passed my first rank...you start out with a white belt and I tested for my yellow belt(as you can see)...today I am quite sore after my 45 minute exam. Next stop is Orange, Lord willing.

The ministry is called On Mission Martial Arts. To advance in ranks you must attain a certain level of competence in a set of strikes, kicks, etc. as well as memorize scripture, participate in a community outreach or service project, complete a few essays and answer some worksheets.

The martial art itself is Kempo. For more info about OMMA you can go here...
http://www.onmissionma.net/


No comments: