Don't we look relaxed & happy?Here we are at our new favorite place to go when we need to get away... It's called Baan Rai Lanna.
We discovered it in a local magazine, & they were advertising a special winter package... so we decided to try it. It was a bit out of the way up into the mountains surrounding Chiang Mai, & the last kilometer was unpaved -- great for us, as we were craving quiet & Mike got to enjoy his truck to a fuller extent :). A very peaceful place with private cottages surrounding a rice field...
Another plus was getting to meet the owners... Scott & Lorna are a really sweet couple from the UK who moved here about the same time as us to make a go of their wonderful resort. We're hoping to go again soon!


5 comments:
I'm so glad y'all are getting chances to sit back and relax. That's great. Enjoy God's creation. Oh, and cute pic.
It's so good to keep up with y'all and see what adventures you're into and how your creative juices get to run wild in a foreign land (love the house). Several weeks ago I was at a friends house and saw on their fridge one of Mike's brothers - it made me think of you and then I stumbled on your webpage from Erika's blog. As I brave my time here in the midwest (Indiana) I can live the adventurous life through you. keep the stories coming.
Kelly Noonan
KELLY!!! how ARE you??? do you have a blog, too??? i would love to know how to get in touch w/both you & erika... miss you girls... you're always welcome at our place in chiang mai!
Actually my son has a blog - he's a cutie and keeps me busy - his adventures are mine. Erika's daughter has one too - I'll email more -
samuelwisdom.blogspot.com
avagrace.blogspot.com
i thought for a second you had posted a pic from a brochure :)
great pic of you two, you look so relaxed :) love how you've decorated the house too in your latest post.
Post a Comment